I am currently doing a “Diploma in Freelance Photography” via the NZ Institute of Business Studies (by correspondence). Definitely a hard yacker to do a course like this via correspondence. I won’t deny I’ve not found it easy. I’d prefer to be able to bounce ideas off someone and learn from them up front rather than via mail. But I’m determined to complete.
Progress on Assignments:
– Assignment 1: Introduction / getting to know camera. [completed]
– Assignment 2: Urban Landscape – photograph an urban landscape to create a “Sense of Place” [completed]
– Assignment 3: Portraits – “People in their work environment”. [completed]
– Assignment 4: Glamour – “Sense of Style” – find a model and do a glamour/fashion shoot to get photo that would look great on the cover of a fashion magazine. [completed]
– Assignment 5: Still Life Photography – 3 assignments… 1) Composition of natural grown objects; 2) Composition of man-made objects; 3) Composition of assorted fabrics [completed]
– Assignment 6: Photojournalism / Sports events – “photos should promote this sport”. [completed]
– Assignment 7: Marketing – Portfolio and Calendar Proposal [completed]
– Assignment 8: CV/Portfolio & Complete a Night Shoot – Design your CV, Business Cards, Letterhead. Complete your portfolio, Submit your final calendar. Tidy off any loose ends. [completed]
UPDATED: COURSE COMPLETED. A DIPLOMA IN FREELANCE PHOTOGRAPHY WAS RECEIVED IN JANUARY 2010.